Learning stages are assigned to each resident in the RSL to more accurately manage a resident's progress through their residency, and allow for metrics and reporting specific to each learning stage.
Learning stages for each Training Program were defined when your Program's account was enrolled in the RSL.
Single degree programs are established with PGY1, PGY2, PGY3, and PGY4 selections.
Dual degree programs are established with PGY1, PGY2, PGY3, PGY4, PGY5, and PGY6 selections.
In addition, these options are available to all Programs by default: Pass, Fellow, Research, Intern, On Leave, Fail and Transfer.
To adjust the learning stages defined for your Program, email RSLsupport@t-res.net.
View/Edit Resident Learning Stages
Program Directors/Coordinators have authority via the Administrator Account to view and adjust the learning stages for each resident registered to access their Training Program's Resident Surgical Log (RSL). Trainees who have been assigned a stage will automatically move up in stage as of July 1 each year. For example:
- PGY2 Resident will automatically move to PGY3 as of July 1
- PGY4 in a 4 year program will automatically move to PASS as of July 1
- PGY6 in a 6 year program will automatically move to PASS as of July 1
- Please note that if your program offers BOTH 4 and 6 year degrees, your PGY4 Residents will not automatically move in to PASS on July 1. You will need to manually edit their stage to PASS as of July 1 for accurate reporting. Similarly, Interns will not automatically move to the PGY1 stage on July 1. You will need to manually edit their stage to PGY1 to reflect this change.
To begin, login using your Administrator credentials. Each Program is assigned a single Administrator Account. If you do not know your Administrator login credentials, email RSLsupport@t-res.net.
1. Click Program on the menu
2. Click the Trainee Schedule tab
A list of residents registered for the RSL will display along with their current stage (as of today's date), their program start date, and their starting stage (typically PGY1 unless they transferred in at a different stage).
* Be sure to select "All" in the Status drop down if you would like to see all Active and Inactive residents as well as residents Not in a Stage. Residents will show as "Not in a Stage" if their Program Start Date is any date in the future.
Edit Resident Learning Stages
If you have any questions or concerns about editing learning stages, please contact RSLsupport@t-res.net before proceeding.
1. Adjust the program start date
2. Click Replace Schedule
3. The Current Stage will update appropriately.